The following information is for Students. Please contact our office for assistance with any questions or problems you may have.
Our younger constituents are the future of our district and providing them information that can enhance their education is important to their development. Below are some resources that will be useful to kids.
In addition, there are resources for parents.
All Kids Resources
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: Kindergarten-2nd Grade
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: 3rd-5th Grade
- U.S. Census Bureau Fact Finder Kids Page
- CIA Kids Page (Kindergarten-5th Grade)
- EPA Drinking Water & Ground Water Kids' Stuff (Kindergarten-3rd Grade)
- EPA Drinking Water and Ground Water Kids' Stuff (4th-8th Grade)
- FBI Kids Page (Kindergarten-5th Grade)
- FEMA For Kids (Federal Emergency Management Agency)
- Gearing Up for a Great Trip (Federal Trade Commission)
- Kids In the House: Young Learners
- Kids In the House: Grade School
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's Kids Pages (Kindergarten-6th Grade)
- Veteran Affairs Kids Page (Kindergarten-5th Grade)
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: 6th-8th Grade
- Ben's Guide to U.S. Government for Kids: 9th-12th Grade
- CIA Kids Page (6th-12th Grade)
- EPA Drinking Water & Ground Water Kids' Stuff (4th-8th Grade)
- EPA Drinking Water & Ground Water Kids' Stuff (9th-12th Grade)
- FBI Youth (6th-12th Grade)
- Kids In the House: Middle School
- Kids In the House: High School
- National Center for Education Statistics Kids' Zone (Part of the U.S. Department of Education)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's Kids Pages (6-12 Grade)
- Veteran Affairs Kids Page (6th-12th Grade)
- You Are Here - where kids learn to be smarter consumers (5-8 Grade)
- Internship Opportunities
An internship in my office provides a great opportunity for students to learn first-hand how our government works. Interns gain valuable knowledge and experience by having hands-on opportunity to learn about the legislative process, as well as the operations of a Congressional office.
- Military Academy Nominations
Young people who are genuinely interested in pursuing a career in the military service and who are looking to build a career foundation at one of our esteemed service academies are encouraged to open a file in the Congressional District office by sending a letter of interest.
- Student Financial Aid
Information is available to students to learn more about the process of locating and applying for financial aid.
- IPO Education Foundation has launched its 3rd Annual IP Video Contest to educate teens and the public about the importance of the patent system. Contestants are asked to submit an original video illustrating why they believe the patent system is important. Winners in multiple age categories will receive $5,000 in cash prizes and scholarships. The deadline to submit entries is July 1, 2013. In an effort to increase IP education, teachers are encouraged to share the video contest with their students for a chance to win $1,500 for their classroom! For more information about the contest go to www.ipvideocontest.com
The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc. (CBCF): The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc.(CBCF) : The CBCF is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public policy, research and educational institute that aims to help improve the socioeconomic circumstances of African Americans and other underserved communities. Each year, CBCF undertakes significant public health, economic empowerment and scholarship programs that benefit thousands of people across the country. Its stellar fellowship and internship programs are among the largest of their kind and, while enabling young African Americans to pursue careers in public policy and public service, have helped to diversify the ranks of officeholders and staff on Capitol Hill and through the federal and state governments. Click here for more information on educational opportunities available through the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation.
- Additional resources
Including birth certificates, consumer protection, disaster preparedness, and unclaimed property.